You will see I have given Ninglun’s Specials a space of its own, except for noting new entries just below, so here I will be dealing with the other Floating Life blogs and English/ESL over the past week.
New entries on my other blogs
And notes about any events here — updated as they happen.
- Surry Hills 75: phantom streets
- Back-filling to the end of August, I have in accordance with my comment policy closed comments on posts up to two weeks ago. I had been letting this slide.
- Surry Hills 76: Spring 10
- Surry Hills 77: Spring 11 – Ward Park
- Surry Hills 78: Spring 12
- Surry Hills 79: Sunday people on Crown St 1
- Surry Hills 80: Sunday people on Crown St 2
- Created two new Photobucket albums and uploaded 175 pics to them on Sunday 26 October.
- Monday: Redfern Visions 23: East Redfern 1 – nature 1
- Adding ten pics to the Chinatown and Haymarket Photobucket album.
- Added 20 more to that album — including some you haven’t seen before.
- Tuesday: Chinatown 30: Central to Belmore Park
- Added 15 pics to Chinatown and Haymarket Photobucket album.
- Created new Photobucket album Redfern and East Redfern.
- Surry Hills 81: Crown Street again
- Wednesday: Added 5 pics to Chinatown and Haymarket and 20 to Redfern and East Redfern on Photobucket.
- Redfern Visions 24: East Redfern 2 – nature 2
- Thursday: Surry Hills 82: east of Crown St 1
- Redfern Visions 25: East Redfern 3
- Thursday: Photobucket albums — added 5 pics to Chinatown and Haymarket, 20 pics to Redfern and East Redfern.
- Surry Hills 83: east of Crown St 2
- Friday: Redfern Visions 26: East Redfern 4
The week that was
The highlight was the arrival yesterday of Visitor #275,000 by Sitemeter count – from 7 July 2001 over a number of addresses.
By Sitemeter count there were 3,040 visits to the Floating Life blogs in the seven day period from last Saturday to Friday midnight, and 2,422 to English/ESL.
Poet Adam Aitken visited and commented on Australian poem 2008 series #21: Adam Aitken.
Do go to the Poll page to have your say on what you like most on these blogs – and to do the other polls too if you want to. They are all still open.
Top individual page views in the past week according to WordPress have been:
- Australian poem: 2008 series #9 — 132 views in the past seven days
- Sarah Palin — Blogs, Pictures, and 72
- SBS "First Australians" Episod 68
- Australian poem 2008 series #10: Peter S 65
- The Great Surry Hills Book Clearance of 64
- Dispatches from another America 48
- "First Australians" on SBS — "must watc 38
- Maxthon Browser – Full-Featured Browser 22
- Delia Malchert – Migraine Aura – Scintil 19
- Excitement in Surry Hills 16
- Why I blog — Andrew Sullivan 16
- Studying the Gothic, or Emily Bronte? 307
- How should I write up a Science experime 270
- Physical journeys and Peter Skrzynecki’s 185
- What tense should I use when I write abo 51
- Studying comic strips? Really! 40
- Legitimate concerns about writing rubric 34
- How can I improve my essay grades, espec 33
- In the Wild: Brave New World and Blade R 31
- The mysteries and injustices (?) of the 30
- Physical journeys and Peter Skrzynecki’s (updated) 30
The Apr 06 to Nov 07 archive
- Friday Australian poem #17: Bruce Dawe, 123
- Assimilation, Integration, Multicultural 63
- Two Australian poems of World War II 39
- Friday Australian poem #3: A D Hope, 34
- John Howard: bullying expert extraordina 33