- NOTE: see also Week ending Saturday 1 November 2008.
What’s new on Ninglun’s Specials, English/ESL and Photobucket
- Friday 31 October: Redfern Visions 26: East Redfern 4
- Surry Hills 84: west of Crown St 1
- Saturday: Redfern Visions 27: East Redfern 5
- Surry Hills 85: west of Crown St 2
- Added 20 pics to Surry Hills on Photobucket. NOTE: the link is set to ALL so you will see 140 thumbnails. It works best in Firefox and Chrome.
- Added 8 pics to Redfern and East Redfern on Photobucket. NOTE: the link will show 68 thumbnails.
- Reduced the side bar in Ninglun’s Specials and also the number of posts displayed at a time. This is to ease download time. I am also keeping the Google Reader selections to 65, so check frequently!
- Restored the categories drop-down menu to this blog! It had been accidentally dropped. Sorry.
- NSW Module A English HSC Advanced: on not seeing the wood for the trees… – English/ESL
- Sunday: Surry Hills 86: west of Crown St 3
- Redfern visions 28: East Redfern 6
- Monday: Redfern Visions 29: East Redfern 7
- Redfern Visions 30: back to Redfern Street
- Tuesday: Surry Hills 87: seen on Sunday
- Wednesday: Redfern Visions 31: Buckingham Street 1
- Thursday: Redfern Visions 32: Buckingham Street 2
- Surry Hills 88: overgrown
- Friday: created a new (password-protected) page on Ninglun’s Specials to hold thumbnails of my South Sydney Herald assignments.
- Redfern Visions 33: Little Eveleigh Street 1
Overview of October 2008
Floating Life sites and English/ESL have both exceeded 12,000 visits each in October, according to Sitemeter. Floating Life sites have achieved a second-best ever – 14,579 visits in September, but English/ESL has broken its former best by about 3,000!
The final Sitemeter counts were: Floating Life sites – 12,585 visits and 15,538 page views; English/ESL – 12,075 visits and 15,236 page views – best ever by over 3,000 visits.
WordPress counts at c. 9.00 am our time on 1 November – that is, with about two hours to run WP time.
- Floating Life: 8,733 page views (best ever last month at 11,781)
- Ninglun’s Specials: 2,440 views, the best since July 2008 which had 2,698. When the blog was “Oz Politics” the best ever was November 2007 at 5,209, which was of course the month of the election. Further details about Ninglun’s Specials are in a separate post.
- Floating Life Apr 06~Nov 07: 4,238 views. The best ever there was November 2007 with 8,998.
- English/ESL: This is the big one last month! 14,371 views. Best ever!
What was hot
The top individually viewed posts for the month, with the exception of Ninglun’s Specials, appear below the fold.
- Australian poem: 2008 series #9 — 641 views in October 2008
- Sarah Palin — Blogs, Pictures, and 335
- The Great Surry Hills Book Clearance of 294
- Australian poem 2008 series #10: Peter S 239
- Dispatches from another America 177
- "First Australians" on SBS — "must watc 138
- SBS "First Australians" Episod 98
- How good is your English? Test and Answe 97
- Maxthon Browser – Full-Featured Browser 92
- ABC brilliant last night: "Mortgage 88
Floating Life Apr 06~Nov 07
- Friday Australian poem #17: Bruce Dawe, 557
- Assimilation, Integration, Multicultural 248
- On the awkwardness (and fatuity?) of dis 243
- John Howard: bullying expert extraordina 183
- Two Australian poems of World War II 146
- Ian McKellen and Judi Dench in Macbeth a 130
- Friday Australian poem #3: A D Hope, 119
- There are at least two movies called Swi 102
- 3 — Indigenous Australians 96
- Book and DVD backlog 73
- Physical journeys and Peter Skrzynecki’s 1,965
- Studying the Gothic, or Emily Bronte? 1,340
- How should I write up a Science experime 1,229
- Workshop 02 — NSW HSC: Area Study: Imag 709
- Physical journeys and Peter Skrzynecki’s (updated) 489
- Six suggestions for Imaginative Journeys 308
- SBHS Trial HSC 2007 Paper 1 Question 1: 260
- What tense should I use when I write abo 239
- How can I improve my essay grades, espec 216
- Workshop 03 — Creative Writing (Year 12 191