I took that from an amusing article in The Atlantic Monthly (via Arts & Letters Daily): Reblock Yourself the Polly Frost Way! The symptoms?
• Blogaholism. Do you plot out your day so that it will generate as many blog postings as possible?
• Twitteritis. Did you Twitter this morning as you made your morning coffee? And then later as you trimmed your toenails?
• Reviewing Addiction. Do you spend every lunch hour pumping up your ranking as an Amazon reader-reviewer?
• RSS Dependency. Did you simplify your life by subscribing to RSS feeds only to discover yourself spending more time than ever commenting at blogs?
• Status Update Disorder. Have you made plans to self-publish a collection of your Facebook Status Updates?
If so, you’re almost certainly suffering from from one of the great underdiagnosed ailments of our time. That’s right, you may well have … Unblocked Writer Syndrome.
But not to worry. The solution is at hand. Now you’ll be able to put an end to the stream of garbage issuing in such free-flowing abundance from you—in just 3 days!—thanks to…
THE POLLY FROST REBLOCKING SEMINAR TM …
I thought it an appropriate way to introduce this week’s SATURDAY STATS. 😉
So here’s what was visited individually over the past seven days.
Floating Life: 2,120 views so far this month
- Australian poem: 2008 series #9 — 111 reads in the past seven days
- The Great Surry Hills Book Clearance of 2005 57
- Joshua to Gaza 2009 56
- Dispatches from another America 46
- How good is your English? Test and Answers 34
- Just a quiet Sunday afternoon in Surry Hills 1 33
- Just a quiet Sunday afternoon in Surry Hills 2 25
- Hmmm… Been blogging for way too long 23
- I hereby ban the word “fascist" from this blog 23
- Kevin Rudd as art critic 18
- Last 2008 in review post: my also-rans 18
- New Year blogging resolutions 16
- Two from regulars to this blog 16
- Behind the news: Rosemeadow NSW 15
- Rationalising resources 15
Photoblog: 393 views so far this month
- Hot day: sheltering in Juice & Java 30
- Courteous 12
- The ground beneath your feet 1 7
- From 12 storeys up: more from the high rise 7
- 2009 in order 6
- Sunday 4 January: passing parade 2 6
- The ground beneath your feet 2: very small and very temporary ant hill 5
- Sunday 4 January: passing parade 1 5
- The ground beneath your feet 3: decay 4
- Sunday 4 January: passing parade 1 – quartet 3
This week’s most viewed photo
English/ESL: 1,684 views so far this month
- How should I write up a Science experiment? 146
- Studying the Gothic, or Emily Bronte? 145
- HSC English NSW Area Study Standard and Advanced Belonging 1 53
- Mary Shelley, "Frankenstein" — and "Blade Runner" 42
- Physical journeys and Peter Skrzynecki’s poems 24 (16,941 visits since May 2007)
- Workshop 01 — a theme unit in four different text types 22
- Studying comic strips? Really! 20
- The mysteries and injustices (?) of the NSW UAI ranking 20
- What tense should I use when I write about literature? 20
- Is "majority" singular or plural? 19
- Better English and ESL writing workshops 18
- Belonging pages: HSC 2009-2012 17
- How can I write faster in exams? 17
- How can I improve my essay grades, especially in English? 17
- 01b: The Essays 16