Can’t photograph the smell, but that is the dominant note this morning on what promises to be a very hot day. The smell? Bushfire smoke. And as for heat – look at Davo’s account of South Australia on 1 February: Into the Kitchen: “for those who miss it .. the digital Temp reads 50.8C .. and fer those yankees who depend on "shock horror" numbers .. that’s 123.44 degree Fahrenheit in your part of the world.”
We’re expecting 100+F today in Sydney.
Meanwhile… The monthly stats will live over at Ninglun’s Specials, but each Saturday a quick run-down…
Blogs mainly visual
- Ninglun on Journalspace has had around 27 page views since starting a few days ago.
- Neil’s Modest Photo Blog has had 167 page views so far this month. Most visited individually in the past week was 2009 in order with 11 views.
- Ninglun’s Specials has had 534 page views so far this month. Most visited individually in the past week was January 2009 Report 2 with 234 views.
Blogs mainly verbal
- Floating Life has had 1,271 page views so far this month. Most visited individually in the past week was Australian poem: 2008 series #9 — with 90 views. Of recent posts Rudd in “The Monthly” tops with 21.
- English/ESL has had 2,397 page views so far this month. Most visited individually in the past week was How should I write up a Science experiment? with 269 views. Of recent posts/pages the top two have been HSC English NSW Area Study Standard and Advance Belonging 1 with 183 and The "Belonging" Essay with 173.