As mentioned yesterday I am now on Windows Seven, so now have the answer to The 2001st post — to seven or not to seven. The answer obviously is “yes”.
- The ACER crapware has gone.
- The computer works faster than it ever has, especially at boot-up.
- I’ve worked out how to back up and have created a Repair DVD.
- Live Writer works.
- It looks nice.
- My stored music plays better.
- Because I installed over XP I wondered why my main disk was so full. Answer: Seven stored an “old computer” file that enables roll-back to XP, but suggest it can be cleaned if you are happy with Seven and everything works. A good idea that, but rather than having around 20 gig devoted to it I have decided I am happy.
- The webcam software didn’t survive the transfer. I suspect I can do something about that, but then I hardly ever use it. **
- My PIM doesn’t work. Solution – install another that does or use the calendar in Live Mail. ***
- There was a lot of reinstalling non-Windows programs and Microsoft Office – but I had most of the relevant disks or set-up files, so that wasn’t too bad.
** Downloaded the software from ACER and fixed it! 🙂
*** Installed Rainlendar.